Here is an online copy of our Terms and Conditions. They can also be found on the noticeboards within the rehearsal rooms.
1) Cancellation policy: We ask that, whenever possible, you give us 48 hours notice before cancelling your session, otherwise we will have to ask that you cover the cost of the cancelled session. This is simply because we are so busy, particularly during peak weekday times, and often there will be a band waiting to nab a slot, which we can give them if given adequate notice of cancellation! This applies to both block bookings and regular bookings.
2) Time used / Time paid for: We do ask that you pay for the time you book. If you decide that you only need two hours instead of four, for example, please give me a text/ring and change the time before your booking. in the same way that you would contact to cancel. Deciding on the day means that a band could have lost out on rehearsal time. If everyone did this, we would find it difficult to stay open.
3) Block booking: If you book four sessions in advance, you will receive your fifth session free the first time, and half price each consecutive time. The block booking counter to the fifth price session will be reset if you cancel outside of the 48 hour notice period. This is simply to make it fair for the bands who give notice, and also because, as before, another band could have booked the slot! However, if you do cancel in time, or you move your slot to another time that week, your counter will be continued. Block bookings apply only to individual bands, not individual band members, and only to advance bookings.
4) Gear: We understand that the studio gear will break down from time to time due to wear and tear. We do ask that you tell us when it does though! We will not charge you for it breaking down of its own accord *, and the sooner we know about it, the sooner we can get it repaired. We also ask that if you find that you have taken home some studio gear by accident, you let us know and return it ASAP. There is no penalty for this, as we know it can be easily done while packing up! However, we do operate a no tolerance policy on theft, and any bands caught stealing will be banned. * We reserve the right to charge bands if there is evidence of mistreatment of equipment.
5) Room choice: As we are busy, the rooms will be allocated by availability and size of band. For instance, any band that has six members or more will be automatically put into room 2, and if one room is already booked out, any new bookings will be automatically put into the available room. I will notify each band which room they will be in when booking. This is purely for practical reasons! If there is space then bands will be given a choice of which room they prefer when booking. A third room will be opening in the coming months.
6) Credit: We don't offer a credit service, however if you are short on cash one week, please let us know and arrange another session, or a convenient time to bring the remaining money owed. We do also take bank transfers if this is easier. If you are unsure about how much your session will cost, please give me a shout or check our rates page online, or the posters in the rooms.
7) Booking times: Due to how busy we are getting, we now only accept bookings at hourly intervals, starting from 8am and finishing at 11pm (we close at midnight.) We will no longer be able to accept bookings at half past the hour. We don't have a maximum amount of time that you can book.
8) Tidyness: We do politely ask that bands leave the room as they found it, particularly if there is a band in after your session. All the gear is free to use and move around as necessary, but if you could make sure your rubbish is in the bin and the drum kit is in it's original position it'd really help other bands, and us too!
9) Leaving gear: You are welcome to leave gear in the rooms, but any equipment left there is at your own risk. We are in the process of renovating the room 2 corridor/building room 3, and we will be building a small quantity of lock ups to rent to safely store and lock your gear up between rehearsals.
10) Collecting gear: If you leave gear in the rooms, and need to collect it, please ensure we have notice that you will need to collect it, otherwise we cannot guarantee being able to get to the studios in time!